Friday, November 27, 2015

Two Moonrises


The moon rose on the 23rd around 6:30 while the last rays of the sun were gilding the mountain tops.


The sky was swept with pastel skeins of clouds.


Two nights later, the moon rose around 7. . .


An entirely different look and feel . . .


This is the Hunters Moon -- so named by the first peoples. This was the time for hunting, while the game was fat from the abundant food of summer and autumn. 



Many thanks for all the Thanksgiving wishes -- I'll be around to blog visit soon after I recover from yesterday's excess.


7 comments:

Ms. A said...

Wonderful moon shots! I'm looking forward to your Thanksgiving photos. I didn't take a single one.

Anvilcloud said...

Nice series of shots. I like the 'finish' on the first group and the second shot of the second group with some tree shadows along the edge. I trust that you had a good TG.

Vicki Lane said...

Alas, Ms. A -- I took nary a picture of Thanksgiving -- too many people and dogs and too much food to schlep to the table. You'll just have to take my word for it that it was a fine day.

Jime said...

My favorite is the first one. Skeins of clouds, how poetic.

Frances said...

Oh Vicki, those are beautiful moon shots. I do love gazing at full moons.

xo

Barbara Rogers said...

I happened to be out and headed east on both nights, and saw the same moon views...absolutely breath taking! Of course I didn't get great pics like these, so I'm glad you captured them. Glad you had a good TG.

Stella Jones said...

Gorgeous moons Vicki. Your pictures do the moon proud.