Monday, October 22, 2012

More Autumn and Some Apologies and Excuses


Life has been a bit of a blur lately -- out of town friends to lunch on Friday, more out of town friends dropping in that afternoon,  a birthday celebration for John on Saturday (and this involved making a giant four-layer chocolate cake and frying three (count them , 3) chickens on the woodstove. And our nephew Jack was with me for the day. Plus our son Ethan arrived from Atlanta for the occasion and I had to catch up with what was new in his life . . .
   
Then, yesterday a dear blogger friend arrived and we talked and took pictures and talked till we separated at last to post today's offerings on our respective blogs.

Today we are headed for Cherokee -- and we'll talk and take more pictures.

All of which is to hint at why I haven't come blog visiting recently. But I will -- I promise. And there will be more California pictures (a big tortoise!) and pictures from Cherokee.
Willa, by the way, is on the comeback trail -- we've been keeping her in except for leashed excursion now and then but she got loose this evening and had a wonderful time running rabbits. I'm  relieved to say she returned before dark, stitches still intact, tired and happy.

Tired and happy describes me too. It's such fun to be spending time with one of my favorite bloggers at this beautiful time of year.
 
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Ms. A said...

Looks like the weather was beautiful and cooperative, too!

Martin said...

It's because you are so busy, that your posts are so entertaining. Have fun in Cherokee!

Brian Miller said...

smiles...sounds like you have been missing for all the right reasons you know....glad to hear that on willa....love spending time with my blog friends...

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

No need for apologies. We're glad to hear life is good. Say hello to your blog friend and have fun in Cherokee. The leaves should really be pretty there.
Sam

Christine said...

No apologies needed! It's a busy time of the year. I visited Cherokee several weeks ago when I came to TN. Had a great trip. Glad Willa is on the mend.

Reader Wil said...

Everybody seems to be busy this month. You have certainly had a very busy time. I admire you for all the things you are doing.
It's wonderful to meet blogging friends. I have met several of them and we had the feeling that we had known each other all our lives! In November I hope to see Kay Davies again.I wish you a great autumn with lots of colours.

Suz said...

don't worry...we'll be here

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

It's always a GOOD thing to step away from the computer and have good times with friends and loved ones. Love these fall pics Vicki!

Deanna said...

It is such a beautiful time of year. I cannot imagine anything better than slowing down and spending it with friends.

Gwen said...

No apologies necessary. Life Happens! Am enjoying all the pictures of fall in the mountains. The trees are just starting to turn here on the coast in Virginia.