Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Critters Awww Scale





Critters -- or creatures -- are marvelous things, enriching our lives in so many ways just by being around and being themselves.  Cute fluffy kittens, gangling turkey poults, a bandit raccoon, a lumbering box turtle -- they can all be a source of delight.

But there's something about those moments of communication between different species that tends to make us go 'Awww...' and smile and maybe feel a little better about life in general. 
 
I know I feel that way when I see Eddie the cat snuggling with one of our dogs ... and this picture from an unknown source of a young deer that comes every morning to visit his friend the cat sure elicited a big Awww . . .
 But as far as I'm concerned, this video below -- another of those internet wanderers -- went right off the Awww scale.  Awesome!
Posted by Picasa



12 comments:

Bernie said...

Your right Vicki, absolutely awesome. Thank you for sharing.
.......:-) Hugs

Martin said...

Well, this is one you have to see, to believe! Mags and I have just watched with our mouths open.

Word verification is: explower. How close is that?

Pat in east TN said...

That is more then 'awww', that is totally amazing! What a wonderful experience that lady had.

Brian Miller said...

never would have believed...like that deer pic...but yeah awww....smiles.

Elora said...

Oh, how "gentle!" All Creatures Great and Small....

Thanks, Vicki, for widening our smiles!

Elora

Elora said...

Oh, how "gentle!" All Creatures Great and Small....

Thanks, Vicki, for widening our smiles!

Elora

Tess Kincaid said...

Awwwww!!!! Your deer pic is just amazing.

Sakhi. said...

Aww Aww AWESOME!!

Vicki Lane said...

I'm sorry that those of you on dial up can't watch the video of the young woman and an elephant seal making friends somewhere (I think) in Antarctica. Totally amazing, as Pat said.

It's not 'my' deer picture (I wish it were) -- it's from someone in Mississippi.

Victoria said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww! I'm still on dial up, so I couldn't watch the video, but I don't think anything could elicit a bigger 'awwwwwwwwwwww' from me than that picture of the deer kissing the cat!

Friko said...

AWWWWW, mummy.

That is so sweet and absolutely darling. I could watch it over and over again. What a wonderful experience. Animals for once not being afraid of humans.

gayle said...

Love the sweet dear picture!