Saturday, July 25, 2009

Weeding

I enjoy weeding -- especially when I've let things get out of hand and the weeding really makes a difference. Weeding also puts you close to all sorts of interesting things. . . Like this lovely little nest, riding lightly on a fern frond. . .



And this box tortoise -- we surprised each other . . .



This fern shoot seemed to be leaning over for a better view . . .



. . . maybe of the bull and his harem who are browsing nearby.
























Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pat in east TN said...

Although I am not a fan of weeds, weeding is not a chore to me like it is to some other people. I know I'm guaranteed 'me time' as no one else will be out volunteering for that job!

Carol Murdock said...

Nature is not only fascinating, it's the best entertainment around!