Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sun Rise -- Outside and In

                               Monday morning -- up early to deal with clean up 
 The moon is high in the southern sky and the sun is not yet up . . .

 
 Waiting . . . waiting . . .

 The con trail is especially bright . . . as is the sky . . .
Cue 'Here Comes the Sun"

Always glorious . . .

Bringing the world to life. . .


In the living room, three little boys are enjoying the sun . . .

The big boys are entertaining Lucas.

 Asher says there are dragons floating in the air. . .


 Jack sees one . . .Lucas too.


Such fun to see the three boys together  . . .
It brought back memories of when our two boys and Jack's dad -- also three cousins -- were that age. They saw dragons too.

10 comments:

Carol Crump Bryner said...

How clever and poetic to see dragons in the morning sun. The flowers in your window just beg to be in a painting. It always seems that you are surrounded with such beauty, and you present it to us in the most pleasing way.

Reader Wil said...

Hi Vicki! I enjoyed seeing the photos of your family. You've a lovely couple of grandchildren. I don't know how it is with you, but I feel more relaxed with the grandchildren than when my children were that age. I can watched them and enjoy their company without feeling responsible for their behaviour. Now they are growing older, I see that their ideas are not much different from ours, when I speak with them alone. As soon as their friends are around they change.My granddaughter(15) said that her friends are not interested in environmental issues, she is but can't speak with them about it.
Well we were probably the same.
I hope that you are okay in good health and happy!

Brian Miller said...

ha. and they are teaching him to see dragons in the morning light...dustbunnies?

Lise said...

Are the dragons floating dust? I love the imagery, I'll have to introduce my grandson to floating dragons, he'll love it.

Vicki Lane said...

Not grandchildren, Wil -- I have none. These are great nephews. And such fun to enjoy with their parents (very good parents) to do ll the heavy lifting.

The dragons are indeed floating dust motes. I'm happy to provide this for them.

Jime said...

Thank you for the lovely sunrise. I will have to try the "dragons" on my Great Granddaughter, Little Bit.

Darla said...

Love the innocence of this photo essay… the rising sun, and that you were able to get pictures of the boys within that magical space. May they always retain the magic within themselves.

jennyfreckles said...

Ha, plenty of floating dragons here too. What a great excuse!

Inger said...

What a lovely morning filled it joy.

Callie Brady said...

Lovely to see! Haven't seen the sunrise over hill tops for a long time. We are hidden under a tree canopy.