Friday, August 9, 2013

Writers at Wolfe


Tomorrow (Saturday, August 10) I'll be at the historic Thomas Wolfe House in downtown Asheville  for their Writers at Wolfe series. I'll read a bit from some of my books and answer questions as best I can.  (Nothing about math, please.) Malaprop's booksellers will be there with my books for sale and I'll be happy to sign them.

Beginning at noon I'll read and talk for maybe twenty minutes then answer questions. There is no charge for the event which takes place in the Visitors Center behind the Wolfe House..

I'd love to see some of you from the area there. And of course it would be a fine opportunity to explore the famous landmark. 

This website gives a terrific overview of  Wolfe and some great pictures from inside the house. I'm looking forward to taking the tour!

(These are not my pictures -- they were grabbed from the Wolfe website.)
 
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Ms. A said...

Beautiful place. I'd sure like to have that porch.

Juliet said...

Sounds like a nice spot to talk about books.

Martin said...

What a lovely building, Vicki. Hope you have a good day.

Barbara Rogers said...

Scheduling won't work this time...but one of these days, Vicki, we will shake hands! I so look forward to meeting you.

Thérèse said...

I would very well see a pastel of this beautiful home!

Wayfarin' Stranger said...

It's a lovely Queen Anne Victorian. We'll have to stop and visit it one day. Wish it could be tomorrow. Jim

Brian Miller said...

oo very cool...have fun...wish i was closer or i would come and hear you read.....

Frances said...

Well Vicki, you know that I would be there if I could.

Alas, I will be at work in New York, but somehow hope that during your stint at Malaprop's, you might just have one of those whatever degrees of separation meetings.

T. Wolfe was an author I connected with from page one.

xo

Anonymous said...

Vicki, do you have a new book out? If so, I can't believe I didn't know it.
Deana the queena