Thursday, July 28, 2011

Scene Around

Elegant shading of pink, lavender, and blue. . .

A humming bird waiting her turn at the feeder , , ,

Rose of Sharon, Althea, or Lavatera -- it's still a pretty thing. . .

Miss Susie Hutchins enjoying the early sun. . .

A dead branch nailed above the window as a trellis suits our rustic idiom. . .
Almost the last of the clematis . . .
Eddie, of course. . .
Autumn Joy sedum getting ready for its big moment . . .

There were at least eight hummers at the feeders but you'll just have to take my word for it. 

I think I need a tripod and a blind. . .

Morning glories stay obligingly still. . .
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Ms. A said...

I'm surprised you don't have one... to go with the obviously great camera!

Brian Miller said...

nice captures of the hummingbirds...tha first on esp....hello to susie and eddie...smiles.

Louise said...

Wow, all those hummers. That must be terribly exciting, to have them zipping around all the time. Fun to see pictures of your cats. They both look very happy with their lives.

Thérèse said...

No tripod nor blinds. Just the way it is...
Delightful.

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

The beautiful pictures and your wordings make it all a story...

JJRod'z

BB said...

Great pics. We found our first hummingbird here yesterday so I'll be making nectar today.

Jon Lee said...

I love your pictures Vicki. The flowers are gorgeous, the hummingbirds are enchanting; and the cats are my favorites. I need to start posting.

Kath said...

Here's my theory on how you caught a hummingbird perched, sitting still. That one has been watching the very relaxed Miss Susie Hutchins, and ... trying out that laid back thing.

Folkways Note Book said...

Vicki -- liked the morning glories climbing up the door -- barbara

Desiree said...

So much beauty surrounds you. Your pictures always make me catch my breath!

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Fabulous photos of summer. I would love to see a humming bird.

Vicki Lane said...

The thing about the tripod, Mrs, A, is then I'd have to set it up and use it. I tend to grab pictures when I see them rather than plan ahead -- but if I want to take really good shots, that's what I need to do.