Monday, April 21, 2008

Quel Bummer!

Quel bummer! (as we who are to be published in French say) ---

I just saw the short list for the SIBA awards and OLD WOUNDS is not on it.


I can't help being a tad disappointed, even though I was amazed to find myself a nominee in the first place. And, of course, I still feel honored to be in the company of etc . . .

So, c'est la vie and congratulations to the finalists!


Here's the short list --

FICTION
1.Coal Black Horse by Robert Olmstead (Algonquin)2. Down River by John Hart (Thomas Dunne)3. Garden Spells by Sara Addison Allen (Bantam)4. Rhett Butler’s People by Donald McCaig (St. Martin’s Press)5. Thistle & Twigg by Mary Saums (St. Martin’s Minotaur)

(Exit, humming "My Day Will Come.")
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Pat in east TN said...

Your day WILL come Vicki ... nothing but the best will be in your future. Just think of all you accomplished in the past few years ... kind of incredible if you ask me.

Vicki Lane said...

Thanks, Pat. Didn't mean to sound whiny -- just truthful. As I'd posted the good news of the nomination, I felt I owed you all a follow up. And how can I be down in such weather! ("Climb ev-ry mountain -- ford ev'ry streeeaamm --follow ev'ry rainbow --- merciful fadeout)