Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Page Proofs !!!

My page proofs for In A Dark Season are here! This is my last chance to catch those typos and weirdnesses that the book gremlins sneak into unwary manuscripts. I'm reading through v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y, trying hard not to get caught up in the story and read at my usual gallop.

Believe it or not: there are bits in here I'd forgotten. We made some changes on my last pass through -- a Janice turned into a Tracy and a few other odds and ends. Anyway, I'm finding myself excited to revisit some of these scenes. I really think this is the best Elizabeth Goodweather novel yet. Very soon the ARCs (advance reading copies) will be sent to reviewers and I'll be waiting anxiously, hoping some of them agree.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tammy said...

whoo hoo! Very exciting! Thanks so much for sharing these little tidbits with us. I love your new blog. The similarities between your homestead and mine sometimes amaze me--right down to roosters who look quite a bit alike. Thanks again. I really am enjoying the peek into your life.
Tammy

Vicki Lane said...

Hey, Tammy, Thanks for stopping by! By the way, my agent fell in love with my rooster when she saw his picture - and she a city girl.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog & your books.Your writing just touches something in me.

Vicki Lane said...

Many thanks, Liz -- I've been delighted to discover so many kindred spirits out there!

Anonymous said...

Vicki, I enjoy your photos and your writing on your blog. I am telling all my friends about your blog and your books. I admire you for your perseverance even though you aren't one of the "young'uns" in the business. You give hope to all of us who write.

Vicki Lane said...

Thank you, Anonymous! Please do tell your friends - the more the merrier! Yes, I'm living proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks!