We have lots of volunteer plants here--some more welcome than others, some nasty and invasive. But I'm enjoying seeing what springs up in some of the pots on our porch--a little maple tree, an unidentified something that is reaching for the sky. lots of morning glories, a pot of snapdragons that self-seeded last year . . .
And this pot below. It's not pretty but it's a work in progress. The dill that it held earlier has died and dropped seeds, resulting in tiny threads that, with luck, will survive to become more dill. But the pot is directly beneath another that had petunias and verbena and I believe that those green leaves are verbena. In the center is a mystery seedling--sunflower maybe? And at about 1 o'clock, a young cactus--probably an epiphyllium picked up when this pot was in the greenhouse.
I miss having a garden but can still enjoy, on a very small scale, the fun of watching things grow.
2 comments:
We often have volunteer petunias out back by the bird bath, but I don’t think they are coming back this year.
What fun to wonder about the new lives coming in that pot! Morning glories are such lovely greeters of the day. I have plans for an herb window garden, now that I'm living in a 4 story high rise in town. I kept a big shallow square pot with that in mind...but have to wait to work garden stuff till I've unpacked here. August afternoons I have to close the west facing blinds completely so it's just as well I don't have plants there. Oh, I did bring some cuttings, and in a while they might need planting!
Post a Comment