Monday, August 24, 2026

Oops, I Did It Again


Chicken salad! A long-time favorite that I learned to make in my mother's kitchen--cutting up the boiled chicken with kitchen shears, chopping the apple and celery, grating in a tiny bit of onion (I now use half an onion and chop it,) and mixing it together with mayonnaise (I add a touch of curry powder now.)

It's one of my go-to hot weather meals--make it in the early morning, no heating up the kitchen.

So that's what I did yesterday, subbing in chicken from a store-bought rotisserie bird (not as good as when I boil/simmer the bird myself with lots of seasoning, including curry powder, But good enough.)

Oddly enough, like the hot weather shrimp salad I made last week, the chicken salad seemed to bring cooler weather. We were sitting on the porch before supper and had to go inside and put on long-sleeved shirts.

Mind you, I'm not complaining. Temperature in the seventies is near perfect. And, as John said, it felt like the beginning of fall. 

Looking out, the green on the mountain sides is beginning to tarnish a bit. And we're not running multiple fans in every room.

All this may change in a heartbeat. But we're enjoying it for now!


 

No comments: