Friday, December 4, 2020

After the Snow




It made me so happy to see this little guy sitting on a bench in downtown Marshall and it made me think of the haiku about a one foot waterfall also being refreshing. That's a child's sock on his head. I need to do this with Josie.

I went in yesterday to sign more books at Penland's, including one for a granddaughter of "Rock' Shelton, one of the men mentioned in Crows who helped bury the victims of the Shelton Laurel Massacre. She lives elsewhere (Omaha, I think) and Georgette had a mailer ready to send her a personalized copy.  And I was reminded of how near the past seems, at times.


The snow is lingering on the south slopes where the sun barely hits at this time of year.


You can see the divide in the picture above--the snow is gone from the fields and slopes to the right.

Looking forward to Solstice and longer days . . . time to bring out the Christmas lights to brighten things up.


 

6 comments:

Thérèse said...

Winter time. The snow comes with it. Josie must be happy. I wish you many more books to sign.

Anvilcloud said...

I am pleased for you that your book is going well. I haven't begun it yet, but, of course, I will. I will when I have the will. :)

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

Ten years in Canada and this year is my earliest snow. Guess Mother Nature is helping us get over with 2020; and hope for the best for 2021. Wishing you and your family the best this holiday season.

Stay safe!

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh good, little snow person and that your slopes still had some snow from our first snowfall in this winter. Yes, solstice isn't very far away!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

That is probably the cutest snowman I've ever seen. Congratulations on the success of your book. Book signings in the age Covid! That's doing very well!

jennyfreckles said...

Love the tiny snowman. We just about had enough snow here to make one like that! Though it hasn't lasted through the day, all clear again now.