Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Porch Time Again with Josie


Hey, there! I had muffins for breakfast and then I sneaked another one while Meema was washing the dishes. I an a muffin-eating girl, she says and we sing the song about Do you know the muffin man? but we say muffin girl instead.


It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood so we went out to the porch and took my paints.


Painting allows me to express myself. I also sometimes express myself with yoghurt on the table when I am eating but it makes Meema fussy. She has a limited appreciation for experimental art, I'm afraid.


Sometimes I paint with my left hand . . .



 When I have done enough art, I go watch the fish.


They are called goldfish but they are not gold. Some are white and some are orangy-red and some are spotted. Also there is a frog. 

I am glad the days are warmer now--it it good for Meema to get out. I think it helps her not be so fussy.

6 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

Yes, Josie. Warm weather and getting outside does indeed help grandmothers..

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh the muffin girl has good appreciation of life, critters, good food, art, and how grandmothers tick!

Sandra Parshall said...

What a rich life she has!

Anvilcloud said...

Your porch has a much better outlook that our townhouse porch. :)

Junk Journal Penpals said...

Happy days on the porch! The water in your fishpond looks very clear. Have you recently cleaned it out?

Vicki Lane said...

Hey, Star, Yes, John pulled out grat quantities of that water weed, thename of which escapes me. We always called it elodea but then learned that wasn't correct.