Friday, April 3, 2020

Josie Update -- Keeping Meema and Grumpy Busy


Meema and Grumpy don't get out much so they depend on me for entertainment. I work hard to keep them busy. Sometimes I keep Meema so busy that she needs a nap. I lie down too to keep her company.


The bottom shelf of the corner cupboard is for my stuff. But with my little chair, I can reach the next shelf up. So I moved all my stuff up there to be safe.


Grumpy was just sitting around reading so I got him to come help me with my building blocks.


This is a house with a front door and a bathroom on the back. I am putting a chimney on top.


Now I am making a very tall tower. When it gets too high for me to reach, Grumpy will help. I try to keep him involved.


This is precision work.


Hmm. I think I will knock it down so we can do it again.


That is fun. 



 Meema and I are back in the room. I get out lots of my stuff and put it all over the floor. Bending down to pick it up is good exercise for Meema.

I read a story to Dolly. This is the story. Once upon a time there were three little bears. And Goldilocks. But they were on a spaceship. And then there were farm animals. The End.

Meema says but there is no plot. I say yes there is, but it was on a different spaceship.



I take pictures with Meema's camera. Those are Meema's feet and her witch socks.

And this is Dolly who doesn't want to close her eyes even though it's nap time. 

I will have to think up more ways of keeping Meema and Grumpy entertained.

Goodbye for now from me, Josie.


8 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

It's nice to see her just living her life and being a kid.

KarenB said...

The plot was on the other spaceship!!! Oh that made me laugh!!

Barbara Rogers said...

I'm so glad the generations pass on the joy of building tall things and knocking them over for the pleasure of it. The plot is often on the other spaceship, and what a concept! How many 2 year olds even know what a plot is!

Susan said...

Two ways to assess this: it keeps you young......or.....it accelerates the aging process! Been there and done that.....and it does both.....soul-satisfying.

NCmountainwoman said...

I love that Josie shares her energy with the old folks.

Sandra Parshall said...

Does she keep her other grandmother equally busy when she spends the day there?

Vicki Lane said...

I can't imagine any other scenario, Sandy.

Unknown said...

I had to burst out laughing when reading Josie's story. But your statement and her answer were even more hysterical. Thanks for a Saturday morning laugh, I needed it.