Thursday, April 30, 2020

Josie and Octalia


Hey, it's me Josie. When I came up to Meema and Grumpy's yesterday, what do you think I found? Octalia Octopus, the one my aunt Aileen made for me, was on the big bed in The Room and she was telling a stories to my animals.


I climbed right up to listen.


She told about a wonderful cave under the sea where the chairs  and tables and beds are made of shells and there are flowers called sea anemones and tiny fish flit around like butterflies.


It was a very good story.


I love Octalia.


She hugs me with her tentacles and I hug her with my arms.


She wanted to play dressup so I got the dressup box.


She looks good in blue.


Stegosaurus wanted beads. I gave Meema some too.



I put a rainbow of scarves on Octalia. And a hat too. She liked it.


Just one more then I will dress up too.


I am stylish. Like Octalia.


6 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

What a lovely 'invitation to play' you created there. I'm envious of your capacity to weave stories. Mine have plenty of books read to them but few 'made-up' stories.

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, play time at Nana's...sorry I can't remember her name for you. I love her topknot. You all have a great time, and she's comfortable with the camera as part of the action!

Sandra Parshall said...

You make her life so entertaining, Vicki. She's lucky to have you. Live her hair!

Sandra Parshall said...

LOVE her hair. Wish Blogger allowed corrections. Or that I could learn to proofread.

Vicki Lane said...

I love her hair that way too. It's not easy to get her to stay still long enough to fix it.

Vagabonde said...

She is adorable and growing so fast. You are very lucky that she can come to visit you. My grandchildren live only 15 minutes away but I have not seen them since February. Both my daughter and son-in-law are physicians and he is in the ER with Covid-19 patients, so they don’t want to come and visit me. They got a tiny puppy a week ago, so cute. My daughter sent me pictures, but it’s not the same.