Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer Solstice Full Moon on the Rise


And what a way to spend a little time, waiting for her to make her entrance from behind the wooded ridge! 


The air was balmy; the sky was mottled with clouds and growing brighter by the minute. Crickets chirred and lightning bugs danced against the trees' dark backdrop or flashed over my head, making me think for a second that it was a shooting star.



Peeking through the trees . . .


Painting the sky . . .


Soaring free of the trees  . . .


And she's up!

Happy Summer, everyone!


6 comments:

Jime said...

Not so pale that moon er risen.

Anvilcloud said...

Good for you. I got one of the moon in the morning when I went out to shoot daybreak solstice photos although I guess it wasn't technically full until the evening moonrise. Still, I can't tell the difference.

Frances said...

Thank you so much Vicki for sharing the moonrise photographs. xo

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for letting us share the moonrise. I love the way the full moon shines into our bedroom. Somehow it's very comforting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great pictures. Full moon rising.

Ms. A said...

I didn't have my longer lens on when I finally remember, so I just took one shot, quickly, because the skeeters and junebugs were thick.

I miss lightning bugs!