Monday, May 2, 2016

Pork Marsala -- A Keeper from (Sam's) My Carolina Kitchen


My blog friend Sam 0f My Carolina Kitchen often posts recipes that I just have to try. This is Pork Marsala -- sauteed pork cutlets, topped with a sauce of mushrooms, shallots, and Marsala. I served it over garlicky mashed potatoes with asparagus fresh from the garden. Also a salad of greens with a mustardy vinaigrette. And some bubbly. Oh my!

(We were in such a hurry to eat this goodness that I didn't think about wiping the spills off the plate or even taking time to focus the camera. I could never do a food blog.)


The recipe (HERE) serves four and we were sorely tempted to eat it all but that would have been wrong.

 So I turned the leftovers into an upscale cottage pie -- cut up pork and sauce into a casserole, covered with the leftover potatoes -- and stuck it in the freezer as a nice surprise for another evening.

This dish would work equally well with boneless chicken breasts. Or if one were a vegetarian, the sauce (substituting veggie broth for chicken broth) and potatoes would be just fine without any meat at all.


4 comments:

Ms. A said...

I wish I was a more enthusiastic cook, but your stuff always looks delicious.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

So pleased you liked it. I love how you've figured out a vegetarian option. Thanks for the shout out too.
Sam

Frances said...

Dear Vicki, many thanks to you and Sam for this delicious recipe. I cannot remember ever cooking with Marsala wine myself, although I've certainly enjoyed eating such dishes prepared by other folks. You've given me some inspiration.

Isn't asparagus season grand!

xo

Barbara Rogers said...

Yummy sounding!