Monday, July 13, 2020

Virtual Travel ~the Cotswolds 2006


In search of something other than pictures of Josie and daylilies and the garden, I decided to ramble through my archives and revisit our walking tour in the Cotswolds--can it have been fourteen years ago! 


It was just the two of us for ten days, following our map to the pre-arranged lodgings where luggage would be waiting. We walked through woods . . .


And pastures (usually dotted with sheep.)


Once, far in the distance, I saw the house of my dreams . . .


And on the edge of a village,  a garden to dream of.


We ended our trip by taking the train to Oxford--the school of my dreams--where I could commune with the shades of C.S. Lewis, Dorothy L. Sayers, and J.R.R. Tolkien. And I could imagine myself following paths that Harriet Vane and Lord Peter had wandered. 

It was the trip of my dreams . . . it's good to have these pictures to remind me of a different time.


4 comments:

Eleanor said...

SWOON!

Barbara Rogers said...

What a great set of memories! Glad you shared some of these photos of your walk-about.

NCmountainwoman said...

And it's especially good of you to share.

katy gilmore said...

Oh those were the days! Looks like a really wonderful trip - memories to cherish for sure.