Friday, July 24, 2020

God's Thumbprint



Heading out to fill the bird feeder a few mornings ago, I saw this odd oval cloud and thought at once, "God's thumbprint!"


It morphed into something else almost immediately but I was left to ponder why that should have been my immediate reaction, what with being a non-believer and all.

I realized that religious imagery has been a part of my life, from early Methodist Sunday School, to Episcopalian confirmation classes. I still think the language of the King James Bible is beautiful. And as an English major, I found religious imagery everywhere I turned. 

And my life is richer for it. But I'm still a non-believer.


3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I get this.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

There must always be a reason for beauty. God's tumb print is one. Wishing you well and a grand weekend!

Barbara Rogers said...

I am happy you saw God's thumbprint. When I didn't, I figured you were certainly welcome to your opinion. I think having our earth in God's hands would certainly feel like a blessing these days...though I also am not a believer, at least in God.