Wednesday, December 18, 2019

There Might Be an Elephant


Or a bald eagle.  That's why I always try to take along my camera. I almost didn't yesterday because the weather was rainy but how glad I am I did.

Two large birds were in the road near the bridge (a little traveled road, fortunately) just in front of my car as I headed to the grocery store. I stopped immediately and reached for my camera as they took off. One was dark but the other had a white head and white tail and settled in a nearby tree. My first shots were through the windshield but then, when the bird stayed put, I set the emergency brake and slowly got out.   


I got a few more shots before the eagle became uncomfortable with the paparazzi.


Always take along your camera!


4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh how wonderful! Hopefully they will nest nearby too. Good for you with camera at the ready.

NCmountainwoman said...

Wow! Great photographs of a rare sight in our neck of the woods. So glad you had the camera.

ArnnKnight said...

WOW!!! Vicki -- what an incredible set of pix! Are they local or migrating? I have never seen one over here but that does not mean we don't have them. Thanks for a lovely way to start the day...

Vicki Lane said...

Pretty sure they're local along the river. Paddlers spot them fairly often.