Friday, December 20, 2019

Random Notes




Amidst a tizzy of holiday prep -- wrapping gifts, cooking, bringing in greenery-- a few small items to share:

When I was struggling to get Josie buckled into her car seat for our Wednesday trip to the library, a chill wind was blowing on me and the straps and buckles were being especially recalcitrant. I was muttering under my breath and growing increasingly frustrated (while trying not to use bad language) when Josie reached out and grabbed my arm.

"You can do it!" she said. "I've got you and you can do it."

I did.

During the day while I'm busying around, it's been necessary to sit a bit and check Facebook to see what was going on with the impeachment and the increasingly deranged Orange Embarrassment. Of course, once there, I scroll through recent posts in my feed and that where I discovered these two goodies:

Someone felt that the charges against You-Know-Who were "blown way out of propulsion."

And someone else described their missing dog as "a little skiddish."

Finally, the radio was on and though I wasn't actively listening, I did catch, out of the corner of my increasingly deaf ear, a list of holiday treats including what seemed to be a reference to a peppermint candy cane dildo. 

Surely not. This was NPR.  

Simple pleasures.

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I am smiling.

Barbara Rogers said...

So pretty - your ornament. Laughing about the candy cane dildo! He was impeached!

Tara said...

that Josie is one sweet kid!

Sandra Parshall said...

Soon Josie will be buckling herself in. She is such a great kid.

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh the treasures given to us that do not need to be wrapped and put under the tree. The are forever planted in our memory! Merry Christmas!

katy gilmore said...

You are definitely a small pleasure! (and often a great pleasure!)