Thursday, July 25, 2019

Yet More Flora and Fauna


I'd hoped that the Heavenly Blue morning glories and the Moonflowers I grew last year had re-seeded but only the seemingly deathless purple ones are back.  And they are most welcome.


These sulfur yellow mushrooms appeared in one of my rosemary pots. I think they're Lepiotas -- and are known as a greenhouse mushroom, noted for growing in potted plants. 



A resident bunny -- a very large one though you'll have to tae my word on that.


Yesterday was clear and dry and amazingly cool. The sunshine in the morning felt like the first day of the world.



A Blue-tailed Skink -- sometimes called scorpions by our older neighbors -- enjoying the sun.


A few day lilies are still blooming.


Standoff at the bird feeder -- young cardinal and veteran goldfinch.


And look who was relaxing in the warmth of the greenhouse. That big bulge to the left of his/her head probably isn't the copperhead; nevertheless, I'm glad to to see he/she's still around. 


Blacksnake was so blissed out in the sun that I came and went several times before he/she decided to leave.


Always happy to see bees of any description.


The new goldfish seem to be settling in well despite having to live in the shadow of a predator.


With thanks to the weather gods for a blissful day!

6 comments:

Thérèse said...

Such a cool effect! It helps us bear the 104 degrees we are having today...

jennyfreckles said...

'The sunshine in the morning felt like the first day of the world.' What a beautiful thing to say, think and experience. We're having a heatwave too. They say it may reach 102F somewhere in the UK today and that will be a record for us. Not quite so hot up here in the North but I'm staying inside with the curtains shut!

Anvilcloud said...

This was a very pleasant look-around. I like the last photo of the fallen bloom on the table (I presume).

Vicki Lane said...

I just heard about the triple digit heat in Europe -- Jennyfreckles has the right idea -- stay inside with curtains drawn. May it pass soon!

Barbara Rogers said...

Good chilly morning again today too...how wonderful the sunshine and dry humidity is! I am sorry everyone doesn't have this weather! And I'm delighting in it!

NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks indeed for the lovely weather. Loved your capture of this beautiful day.