Saturday, March 17, 2018

From Snow to Almost Spring


After the snow of Wednesday, the weather decided to moderate and I took a little walk.  


It was nice to see that the early flowers were persisting . . .


And at the edge of the woods, nettles were springing up. I'll let them get a little bigger before donning gloves and harvesting them for a spring cream of nettle soup.


A few trees are hazed with green . . .

And the trilliums are unfolding their trios of frog-speckled leaves.


The sedums are a lesson in resurrection . . .


And, at last, there are enough daffodils to pick a few for the house.


4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

And Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and yours!

Anvilcloud said...

I have tulips. They're indoors in a pot, but I have tulips. :)

Juliet said...

I've been enjoying watching spring come to your part of the world. Your photos are capturing the transition beautifully (with setbacks of course). Thank you Vicki.

Anonymous said...

I love to see this - far ahead of us - but bring hope!