Monday, August 17, 2015

Kosher Spam?


Perhaps the Universe is trying to tell me something. The other day I received the following puzzling email:

Customer Service is our motto...
Let Rabbi (name removed) help you, your friend or family member find their Bashert-soul-mate, and if need be with shidduch counseling.
Our Shidduch services include:
1. Face-to-Face or Skype Interview in private setting
2. Profile is reviewed carefully
3. Email & Text contact
4. Honing in on the specific needs
5. No guarantee just hard work and effort
Isn't it a worthwhile Investment ($260) for a Lifetime of Happiness?

Dang! Only $260 . . . but what I really want to know is how I got on this mailing list, what with being a Gentile and married as well. If I had the money to throw around, I'd be tempted to sign up . . . just to see what would happen . . . 





7 comments:

Ms. A said...

I've had a few strange ones, but none like that!

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh that's rich! Just think of the disappointed young man that won't be getting introduced to you by your favorite Yentl!

Jime said...

I think what would happen is you would pay up front and you would get a couple of pictures of a ugly man with a note that said, We didn't say handsome, but for another 150 bucks you get handsome.

Frances said...

Vicki, it is sort of mystifying how some calls or emails arrive, offering help that we never realized we might require.

xo

jennyfreckles said...

Seems someone is definitely trying to set you up with someone on the side! I laughed at your comment on my rooster pics - maybe we should set up a dating service for hens too?

Tonette Joyce said...

I am too amused. I guess you have nutjob clergy in every walk of life.
I am as curious as you are!
Thanks for the Thought of the Day,(or Laugh). I get 'single' emails and posts on my FB page, even though it says right there that I have been married since 1982.Go figure.

NCmountainwoman said...

Well, that part about no guarantee just hard work and effort would be a deal breaker for me.