Friday, May 8, 2015

Chasing the Setting Sun


When my class in Asheville last week wrapped up sooner than expected, I hoped I might have a chance at a nice sunset picture . . .


 There are beautiful views from the interstate around Asheville but no way to stop and capture them. 

These first three are from a parking lot in Weaverville.


On the highway almost to Marshall -- I pulled over briefly to catch the light as it slid away.

 .

Three miles from home and the sun's behind  the mountain.


Across the river and the last of the sunlight . . . 


6 comments:

Ms. A said...

There's that gold mountain again! That is so neat!

Barbara Rogers said...

Living in mountains, I love finding a beautiful vista that just appears as I go over a crest...but being on the highway means pulling over while cars and especially trucks zip past, so I just enjoy it and don't capture what I see. But I do often say out loud, I'm so glad I live here!

Frances said...

Vicki, thank you so much for taking that opportunity to make stops along your way home. Watching the stages of that glorious sunset, via your very fine photographs, is such a treat.

xo

Jime said...

The "Golden Hour" so gloriously captured the golden mountain. Thank you.

L. D. said...

They are a great series of shots. Your sky was looking really good.

Darla said...

Especially love that last photo!