Friday, February 1, 2008

Flowers for You All

"May God place a flower on your head!" as the Irish say!

This is a cyber-posy for all of you who share your stories with me, inspiring me, urging me on, adding one more tiny idea that may just blossom into a part of Elizabeth's (or Miss Birdie's) world.

Great thanks to Nancy M! She's offered to share the diaries kept by her maiden aunts who lived near our farm -- diaries that go from the 20's through the 60's and tell of daily life -- just what I need for Birdie's book!

To Pat D. who told me about her Aunt Omie and told me of her ties to our area.

To Tammy P. who has shared so many wonderful stories about her farm and her family. I've just found that, without realizing it, I had appropriated her farm's name to give to one of Miss Birdie's sisters -- Fairlight. Isn't that a lovely name for a girl?

To Kathy H. who told me a story that is going to be a major part of Birdie's book; to Tom and Karol who are helping me with details about Detroit; to Pat F. who has stories I'm eager to hear; to Pat W. and the other Pat W. and Elaine S. and Chick S. and Deb A. - but this is hopeless; there are so many of you whose emails brighten my days and give me things to think about and write about -- I'd be here all night listing everyone. Please know how much your words mean to me!

And a big bouquet to all of you!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: