Monday, July 20, 2026

World Cup 2026


Whew! I am flat wore out after (mentally) playing along with Spain for 109 minutes. That was some game--Spain vs. an incredible goalkeeper.

Of course I was rooting for Spain, if only because He who shall not be named has denigrated them. But they dominated play and so deserved the win.

We watched down at Justin and Claui's where they laid out an amazing spread of yummy stuff--cheeseburger sliders, chips and dips, crudites, brownies and ice cream . . .

I'm not normally a sports fan but this was special. And how nice when you-know-who was roundly booed when his image was shown. (Not the guy below--that's just a random pic I took.)


 

3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, I think all good people were cheering for Spain. I had visions of Argentina winning on a penalty kick tiebreaker.

Sandra Parshall said...

And of course the Unnamed One made an ass of himself by refusing to leave the podium while the Spanish players celebrated for team photos. At least Infantino pulled him aside so he wouldn't be front and center in the pictures. He is already insisting that "we have to do this again while I'm still around," apparently meaning while he's in office. But the next available year is 2038, long after he will be gone (I hope).

Marcia said...

I have a nephew in law from Spain and I know he's ecstatic with the win as are his two boys. They're in Spain now while my niece toils at home.