Monday, July 27, 2026

Pasta with Shrimp, Tomatoes, Basil, and Lots of Garlic

                                                            


  Sunday night is always something of an improv to use up things before my grocery trip on Tuesday. I had a lot of ripe tomatoes waiting and a half bag of shrimp in the freezer. Plus a burgeoning basil plant and there's always garlic and butter.

So, I got the butter good and hot and stirred in the defrosted shrimp and the garlic (8 cloves, chopped.) It was a very brief cook time, just till the shrimp curled, and I removed shrimp and garlic to a bowl. Then I put 3 chopped up tomatoes into the butter and cooked till some began to caramelize on the edges. Off heat, added a bit more butter then the shrimp and garlic and a good bit of torn basil leaves.

Served over pasta (farfalle) and topped with parmesan. 

It was right good for improv.

2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I would have really enjoyed your creative dish

MELODY JACOB said...

Eight cloves of garlic is my kind of cooking. Improv meals made from whatever is left in the freezer usually turn out to be the best dinners. Fresh basil paired with sweet tomatoes plus shrimp makes a classic combination, especially tossed over farfalle pasta. Clearing out the fridge right before grocery day feels so satisfying.