Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Onward!

                                                                                                                                                


      I love this poster--bought in England some years ago. It goes on the wall in January, and I think it has a dream-like quality that fits the season.

Once the tree was down and the ornaments stowed away, I found I couldn't put up with green and red any longer so embarked on my usual seasonal shift to blue and yellow.  



             The dried-out greenery on the mantel was tossed but we left the twinkle lights, as well as the lights on the bookcase, the stairs, and the dining room windows. The days have been quite dreary, for the most part, and the extra light is cheering.      

                                                             

For luck--pork, rice and black-eyed peas, greens with onion. 

Now, suitably fortified, on into 2024 . . . 



                                                

5 comments:

Marcia said...

The only remnant of the holidays here are the lights outside - left up for the same reason you left yours on.

Anvilcloud said...

It is good to maintain lights in winter even if we remove the Christmas colours.

jennyfreckles said...

I've packed my lights away but it is so dark and dreary here today that I wish I hadn't.

Sandra Parshall said...

2024 is going to be an absolutely horror, with the election and continuing wars in Ukraine and Gaza/Israel. I am not eager for any of it. I'd like to crawl into. cocoon and stay there for a good long while.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful to keep the twinkle lights. Not sure when I'll take mine down. The sun does shine deeper into the apartment (when it deigns to shine at all) so there is that plus to wintertime. May all your wishes come true for 2024!