Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Playdate at the Pond




My friend and I had a playdate at Louise's house. I brought my new baby Lily because we were going into the pond later and Lily can float.


My friend's mom brought a bunch of dress up stuff for us to play with. There was a llamacorn suit that my friend put on.


Louise made two big dolls out of two big zucchinis. They were very fancy but I don't like to eat zucchini.


At the pond, the water was pretty cold and I had to get used to it. I had my floatie thing on.


Louise has a paddleboard, and she took me and my friend for a ride. (I still had not gotten in the water.)


My friend lives next door to Louise and she plays in the pond a lot. She knows how to paddle even though she is only starting kindergarten this year. (I am starting first grade.)


Look at her! I think she is really brave.


I wonder if I could do that.


Then Louise and I took Lily for a ride.


This is really fun. And I think I am ready to get in the water now.


I have an idea!


                                                                               
My idea was to throw Lily in so I could rescue her.



My friend got cold and got out and put on her llamacorn suit. Then she threw Lily for me to rescue. Then she threw in the paddles too.


Then she decided to come back in because there was so much stuff to rescue--paddles . . .


And Lily. 

We played rescue for a long time. Then Meema said we needed to go home. I didn't want to, but my friend's mom said it was time for them to go home too. 

I told Meema I would get out but first there was something I wanted to do, and she should take a picture.

Ta Da!!!


2 comments:

Sandra Parshall said...

What a delightful day for everyone involved! Thanks for sharing it with us. 💗

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay for trying new things! And getting pictures!