Sunday, October 24, 2021

Meema and Josie Collaborate


 Youthful freedom and optimism meet existential angst.

She was knocking off her paintings in minutes while I was still getting started on mine. I mentioned this and she said, "It's because I'm young and you're an old lady."

I tried to say something about old ladies having learned that they do better work if they take their time, but she had already dashed off another piece (this time using a chunk of dry watercolor like a crayon) and moved on to play dough.


This is a turtle.



3 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

It's hard to keep up with these whirlwind youngsters! I've stopped trying.

Barbara Rogers said...

Nice quote for that pic! Cute little turtle, and what a sweet looking little Josie!

Nancy Emanuel said...

Caught in a slight profile, young Josie gives us a peek at what she'll look like when she grows into a young woman. She's lost her baby fat. Her hair is so grown-up in that photo that it just gave me a pang to know she's growing up so fast. And clever. And beautiful! What a treasure you have in your everyday life, not all grandparents can enjoy that pleasure.