Friday, December 26, 2014

Seven Years


After several gloomy days, the sun shone on our Christmas breakfast, making the holiday bright indeed. To add to the joy, both sons and both daughters-in-law were here.


We had our traditional Christmas breakfast of croissants and sausages and ambrosia before adjourning to open presents. Once the presents were dealt with, we moved into preparing the Christmas feast -- more friends and family were joining us for that...



And  it's all kind of a blur after that -- amazing food, lots of bubbly, and  lots of good cheer.   By 7:30, most of the guests had departed, the dishes were done, and three of the young uns had settled in for a spell of role-play gaming. 

Willa and I were flat wore out but before I headed off to bed with an improving book, I just wanted to note that my very first blog post ( HERE) was on December 26, 2007. I seem to have been blogging for seven years -- and (almost) every day at that. Considering that I've never managed to journal for any length of time beyond a week or two, I find that amazing.

I suspect that it's because of the pictures. And the fact that I'll talk about most anything, no matter how trivial or silly.

And hope to continue to do so . . .  many thanks to all of you who comment and keep me from feeling that I'm talking to myself.


13 comments:

Ms. A said...

Happy 7th Anniversary!!! I always enjoy my visits with you!

June said...

Well . . . if you'll talk about anything, I will happily listen!
And, oh boy! do I know how little Willa felt in that picture! Ah! The sweet luxury of naps!

Chris said...

Happy 7 years! When the words and pictures paint a snippet of intrigue, then I will always read it. I may not always comment, but I will always read it. The "stories" not matter how short are always interesting to me.

Jean Baardsen said...

What you do is definitely worth doing!

NCmountainwoman said...

Thank you for your entertaining, often funny, and always interesting posts. I joined you several years ago and the first thing I did was to go back to read your archived posts.

Anonymous said...

Been reading the blog since just about the first one. For a long time, it was the only one I read. Now there are others I check in on occasionally, but yours is still the only one that rates just about daily reading. Happy anniversary and thanks for your thoughtful observations, especially on the small joys of daily life with related pictures of my favorite mountains. Lynne in GA

katy gilmore said...

you are not talking to yourself!! xo

Barbara Rogers said...

Congrats for 7 years, and many thanks for your enjoyable insights. Happy boxing day.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I kinda feel like Willa yesterday myself at the end of a very long day. Your Christmas morning breakfast sounds perfect and I've never though of serving ambrosia for breakfast. Great ida.

Happy blog anniversary. Seven years of daily blogging with quality posts is quite an accomplishment and I'm glad I've been following along from almost the beginning. I'm looking forward to your new year.
Sam

jennyfreckles said...

Congratulations. I'm so glad I found your blog, it's always worth reading. I'm not sure what ambrosia is actually - but having it for breakfast in the sunshine sounds delightful.

Vicki Lane said...

In the American South, ambrosia is/was a traditional holiday treat -- fresh orange sections, fresh pineapple, and grated coconut. My grandmother always served it at Christmas and so do I. I add dried cranberries and tangerine sections as well. There are probably lots of variations -- I've heard of adding banana slices or mini-marshmallows but neither appeal to me.

Victoria said...

Vicki, congratulations on seven years! I may not always say something, but I check here every day. I love your blog...please, don't ever stop posting!

xxoo Victoria

Vagabonde said...

Happy blog anniversary. Seven years of blogging is a true achievement. I hope you’ll blog for many more years.