Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!



Mr. Sawyer was wearing a Santa hat when I went out Monday. Oh my way back, I stopped to give him a tin of cookies and to thank him for his Christmas displays over the years and for always waving when folks pass by.


I asked about the black plastic  on the main display (some of you had wondered if it concealed a Nativity) and I think he said it was to make the things in front show up better.

 Then I asked if I could take his picture and he kindly posed for me.


He said that he hitches the little trailer with the display to the riding mower (above) and pulls it around. I really wanted to see that but hadn't the chutzpah to ask. But how lovely -- a  home-grown mini parade.

May your Christmas and Holidays be as real and from the heart as Mr. Sawyer's!


9 comments:

katy gilmore said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours Vicki. Thanks for this story and all your stories!

Ms. A said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Eve and will have a Merry Christmas, too!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Merry Christmas to you and John. Thank you for your stories and humor throughout the year and thank you for being my friend.
Sam

Kath said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. And to Mr. Sawyer. Thank him please for the spirit of Christmas beautifully shared!

June said...

Merry Christmas, Mr. Sawyer!

NCmountainwoman said...

I love Mr. Sawyer. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Jime said...

Dear ole Mr. Sawyer Hope he has friends and neighbors to help him celebrate.

I see a play mate for your kittahs. Maybe not cause maybe they wouldn't share their cardboard boxes and window sill.

Merry Christmas to you and John and to all the folks on your Blog.

Barbara Rogers said...

May your Christmas be merry! Thanks for asking about the black thing in the display...I figure it is a mystery, like so much of this holiday season!

Frances said...

Vicki, thank you and Mr. Sawyer, too, for adding this special Christmas treat to this special day. I think that it's grand that Mr. Sawyer continues with his tradition.

I also think it's marvelous that we get to visit hereabouts with you and get acquainted with a place far from our own homes, but near to our hearts.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. xo