Friday, February 15, 2013

Where Would Jesus Shop?


So, I'm coming home from my writing class in Burnsville and this sign catches my eye. I'm on a highway but I'm at the top of a rise and there is no one in sight, either way. So I stop in the middle of the road, run down the car window, grab my camera and take a few quick pictures. Still no one in sight.

Yep, that's what I thought it said.  I shake my head and put the camera down. Then I see the blue lights flashing just behind me.

The sheriff's deputy asks why I'm stopped on the highway. I think briefly about saying that the car stalled but what comes out is , "I'm sorry! I just felt compelled to stop and take a picture of that sign."

The very young deputy is as nice as can be. He looks at my license. I apologize profusely for doing such a silly thing. He tells me he just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. And that I should go along and have a nice evening.

Maybe this really is God's Country.
  
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Merisi said...

Miracles DO happen, Vicki! :-)

The sign is interesting. Would that be considered taking the Lord's name in vain?

Brian Miller said...

perhaps it is...and he protects it with a sale on assault rifles...smiles...oy....shaking my head....

Wayfarin' Stranger said...

It's one of those non sequiturs that just jumps out at you. Makes one wonder just WHICH god the sign-maker had in mind.

Darla said...

Seriously...I just shake my head in confusion...

Glad the officer was nice, though. :-)

Amelia said...

Ah ha! I have always wondered where God purchased his AK-47s. Western North Carolina wonders never cease.

Pepper Cory said...

Driving in Eastern Kentucky once, I pulled into a mountain-side grovery store because the coal truck ahead of me was dropping rocks onto the highway. Thought I'd cool it for 5 minutes. The sign at the grocery store said, "Gas, Guns, and Groceries." Pulled out and came around a curve to find the coal truck had dumped its load and buried a small car behind it. Men were shouting and throwing lumps off the pile trying to get the guy out. Very slowly drove around the mess and started praying--God's country and angels too!

Stella Jones said...

Yet another pretty hillside being scraped away for yet another shop! Oh my!

jennyfreckles said...

A nice story, glad you met the officer when he was having a good day!

NCmountainwoman said...

True that!