Monday, September 11, 2023

Josie Loves the Library


It's me again. At the library again. It is one of my favorite places. We return the books I got last time, and I pick out six new ones. We will read them at home because there's so much more to do at my library.


There are some other kids there too, and me and this other girl (she is seven) do some coloring. There are coloring books and paper and crayons and colored pencils.  But then she has to leave so I look around to see who else is here.


I talk to a mother who has a very little kid who can just barely walk.


I show her how this stuff works. The little girl is still in diapers but she is pretty cute.


I head for the playground. There are big chimes you can boing and also some drums.


I hope some other kids show up.


They did! A girl who is seven and her little brother who is two. (Meema does not put their pictures on her blog because their parents might not like it.) We run around and slide and climb on the jungle gym till they have to go. (Meema is being very patient because she has a book she is reading while she watches me.)


I draw on the sidewalk with some chalk for a while but decide to go back inside.

The puppets are all over the place and I organize them nicely. Meema says she is proud of me for being a helper to the librarians and maybe I would like to be a librarian someday.

Hmm, maybe. But I think I want to be a kindergarten teacher. They get to play with lots of stuff too.

                                                                                  







3 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

What a fun time and a big girl now talking about the little girl in diapers really made me chuckle! Remembering when... And this too will pass. But for now, for today, so much energy, interest, and especially, Josie's very own ideas about the world!

Sandra Parshall said...

I can see why Josie loves school so much -- other kids around all the time. She is so social, which is great. But she's also able to amuse herself, which is even better.

Anvilcloud said...

Taking the grands to the library brings back memories.