Friday, January 27, 2023

The Heavens by Sandra Newman


It's probably not for everyone but I was enthralled by the pinball-like plot of this book. If you liked The Time-Traveler's Wife (which I did), this might be for you.

Kate has dreams--vivid dreams of a life in 16th century England --and as her consciousness shuttles between modern day Manhattan and the world of Will Shakespeare (in which she is the 'dark lady' of the sonnets), she finds on each return to 'real' life, things have changed-- sometimes small things, sometimes past events that she remembers turn out not to have happened.

For me, this was compulsive, highly enjoyable reading. If I've piqued your curiosity, there's an excellent review that will tell you more HERE


 

2 comments:

JJM said...

Sounds interesting, and at only $1.99 on the Kindle (at least today) worth taking a chance on. Thanks, you book-pusher, you! :-D

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh yes, I am looking forward to reading this!