Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Josie, the Stay At Home Scholar


I had a cold on Saturday and Sunday and Mommy and I had to miss Grumpy's birthday dinner. On Monday my nose was still runny, so I got to spend the day with Meema. It was nice because there was lots of time to do stuff. We had pancakes, of course and Meema even hid 2 chocolate chips like buried treasure in each of my pancakes. Then we read my new Ranger Rick Jr. magazine and THEN I got to work on my new workbook.


I am doing math like a big kid. There is addition and even subtraction. I went through the WHOLE BOOK and did it all. It is the kind of book where you use a special marker and if you make a mistake--like sometimes I make my 3s and 5s backwards, I can just say 'Backwards!' and erase it and do it the right way.

When I got to the end, we went and played in the room and read some books but then I wanted to do more workbook. So I went through and erased EVEYTHING and started over. Only this time I started at the end and went straight through to the beginning.


Grumpy was AMAZED at how good I did.  


Meema said that if I ate all my lunch, I could have a piece of Grumpy's birthday cake and some ice cream. But she said I might not like the cake because it was very dark and not very sweet. Of course I will like it, I told her. I already had some of what Daddy brought home Saturday night. And I did like it. I LOVE chocolate.


You can see how dark the cake is.


It is REALLY GOOD. 

I think I will go to school on Tuesday and to ballet too. But it was nice to have a day off.


 

4 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Sorry to hear about your runny nose, Josie. It's nice to have a quiet day at Nana's and Grumpy's to rest...and work on numbers! Glad you liked the cake and ice cream. That shows you're getting better.

Sandra Parshall said...

Josie, I am so proud of you -- doing math perfectly at such an early age! Ask your meema to tell you what the word "prodigy" means. That's what you are! 💗💗

JJM said...

You're smarter than I was at your age, Josie. Reading was easy, I was doing that by the time I was four, but math is only for really smart people. Brava!

Jean Baardsen said...

Adorable!