Saturday, March 19, 2022

Vintage Binge


No 3-D glasses were involved. And we for sure weren't in a theater. Last time for that was probably Dances with Wolves.

But for the past several nights we've been enjoying some of my old favorites: A Fish Called Wanda, The In-Laws, The Big 
Leibowski, Raising Arizona, Monty Python's The Meaning of Life . . . movies, not films. And all capable of making me laugh.

Times like these . . . well, these are my equivalent of comfort reads. 

Now I need to find some Cheech and Chong. More Monty Python. And Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. And LA Story. And . . .

Do you have some favorites you'd like to rewatch for fun?

 

4 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

This takes me back. I have shown Dances with Wolves to my classes, but I can’t remember which ones or why. 🤓

jennyfreckles said...

The Holiday and Mamma Mia! are my 'go-to's when I need cheering up.

Barbara Rogers said...

I can't think of any but am thrilled at your list. It reminds me of the book by "someone who I forget" about Laughter is the best Medicine. He was hospitalized and asked for Three Stooges etc and the films made him laugh and he got better.

JJM said...

Noises Off is one that never fails to leave me in helpless tears of laughter. The children's film that first introduced me to the work of Miyazaki Hayao, My Neighbour Totoro, is sheer beauty and sheer comfort food for the soul; Josie would probably love it, too. Also: Singing in the Rain and An American in Paris are prime feel-good movies. And there's always Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, Some Like It Hot, Citizen Kane, Laura with its delightfully snide and snooty character Waldo Lydecker ...