Monday, July 26, 2021

Waiting for Miss Birdie


Several people suggested Miss Birdie might have a story to go with the old house in yesterday's post. I asked her about it and she allowed as how they were an ordinary, uninteresting family. 

'''cept for Elroy," she said. And I waited. I hope she'll tell me more before tomorrow.



I went down the hill to work on the barn quilt but had to go see Justin and Claui's incredible Stargazer lilies. The sweet-spicy fragrance is amazing.

And I had to check on Dave and NotDave and their chicks,


Dave has three.


NotDave has two.


Here's the barn quilt in progress. The phoenix is awaiting a third coat of yellow and then there will be some red over parts of the yellow. The masked off white hollow square will be a light golden brown. All those coats take a lot of time. Maybe it'll be ready to hang in another week.



 

2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Whow, great lilies! Loved the hen's names. That phoenix barn quilt will be perfect for the second edition of the barn/workshop!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to Miss Birdie's story! And love to see all the living things on your farm.