Monday, March 11, 2019

Beautiful Day


After rain Saturday night, I was thrilled by the dawning of a sunny warm day. The good vibes still lingered from the previous night -- Carolina's defeat of Duke -- not that I especially care but John and Justin and the friends that gathered to watch the game are pretty passionate and if they're happy, I'm happy.

This new daff surprised me -- not one I'd seen before and slightly different from the solid yellow ones that are the first to bloom.


Still enjoying the restored view . . .

And I so appreciate the hellebores -- they've been blooming since January and the deer haven't eaten them. (I've made a list from the internet of the most deer resistant plants and that's what I'll be putting in the ground from now on.)


Layla and I walked out into the pasture and sat for quite a while, basking in the sun and thinking about Spring. It's coming, even if we have snow and cold weather still ahead this month.

I still love the seasons, even if I whine about the cold in winter and the heat in summer (neither of which is that bad, to be honest.) 

It's the contrast that makes these beautiful days so noteworthy, so inspirational.

Layla agrees. 

9 comments:

R. Burnett Baker said...

I always enjoy seeing your spring posts this time of year, especially when it's so long coming here in Western NY.

Bernie said...

You are much closer to Spring than we are. Last night when I went to bed it was snowing so hard I couldn’t see across my yard, now it is sunny and I’m enjoying the warmth on my face through the window. You do live in a picturesque area Vicki, and even I enjoy your view through your pictures. We are blessed to live where all the seasons visit us. Love everyone of them, even choose Fall as my favourite. xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, yesterday was a nice one. The birds here are crazy noisy in the mornings. Yes, 10 days and counting!

Anvilcloud said...

"In Englands green & pleasant Land."
Just change it to Carolina.

NCmountainwoman said...

What a blessing the warm day was. It's wonderful to hear the birdsong in the mornings again.

Friko said...

I am desperate for spring, I want to get out into the garden and play. I hope you are right, even though it’s cold and damp and stormy now spring is surely on its way.

Vicki Lane said...

Alas, Friko -- today is chilly and rain is falling. But I had the one fingers-in-the-dirt day! And more will come.

Nan Emanuel said...

It always makes me smile when I think about how Layla joined your family. I'm glad to see she has truly become one with your clan.

Jime said...

We had rain again last night. Death Valley a very dry place formed a 10 mile lake in one of the lowest places. Vicki every time I see your mountain pictures I think of the Hendersonville radio station call sign: WHKP "Where the heavens kiss the peaks"