Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Crafts Show and Tell at JCC


Apologies for the quality of the photos -- it was crowded and I had to keep moving. I missed several displays -- Greek Cooking was all eaten before I got there. And I missed Spinning and Knitting.


Quilting is always popular.


These Feathered Stars are paper-pieced.


Wood turning used green wood and left the bark on some.


This gorgeous stuff is made with copper clay -- the metal is powdered and mixed with a binding agent till it is moldable. It's molded  and stamped and fired in a kiln. The firing removes the binding agent leaving a beautiful piece of art.


I love the leaves!


Glass beads



Marbling



Watercolor


Longbow construction


Bobbin lace


I once thought I might like to try this . . .


Mainly because I liked the look of all those bobbins . . .


Not happening this lifetime . . .


The folks in clay were doing raku firing . . .


I almost know what that means . . .

And the music class opened and closed the show.
 (My writers had done their readings the previous night.)


8 comments:

Thérèse said...

I started to think: Oh I like this and then Oh I like this too...
I like everything. Such a diversity!

jennyfreckles said...

Lovely stuff. Whether we do these things or not, it's always good to think we could... maybe in another lifetime though, as you say. I'm attracted to the marbled papers.

KarenB said...

Next year, or possible the year after, I'm coming for a week of playing with clay!

Barbara Rogers said...

Such fun and creativity! I know the people will carry memories along with whatever they crafted back into their lives...which will be enriched by this week in the woods. Lovely looking work! I wish I could do all of those things.

Vicki Lane said...

Karen, You would love it!

Cyranetta said...

What a splendid array of artistry.

Unknown said...

Would be such an enjoyable day, My mum and I always enjoyed days similar to this. We weren't very creative but enjoyed all the others great talent. ❤️❤️

Jime said...

I like the longbow workshop. I have made a few out of yew and orange wood. The metal powder and binding agent looks like fun and so nice the finished look. Thanks Vicki