Friday, March 2, 2012

SIBA

A little birdie told me . . .
Under the Skin made the SIBA (Southern Independent Booksellers Alliance) long list.
"The SIBA Book Awards were created not just to recognize great Southern books, but to give southern readers an enviable list of books to enjoy, read, buy, and give as gifts. As of this time, the SIBA Book Award remains one of the most far-reaching and high-profile awards for Southern literature."
But wait, there's more!  Also on the long list is Naked Came the Leaf Peeper by Brian Knopp et al (call me Al -- I wrote Chapter 4.)

My friend, past NC poet laureate. Kathryn Byer Stripling's Southern Fictions is there under Poetry.

and my friend Amanda Kyle Williams is there too with The Stranger You Seek

To see all the nominees -- Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, Young Adult, Children, Cooking --  go HERE.

Your To Be Read list is in danger of growing longer.

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Martin said...

Congratulations, Vicki! Good luck with that.

Pat in east TN said...

Congrats Vicki! You're right, my wish list has grown in leaps and bounds.

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Big congratulations Vicki. What fabulous news the birdie brought.
Sam

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad to hear the good news. Glad also that Blogger gave me your post this morning! The one you worked hard for, the other seems to hardly work at all sometimes. Happiness is.

Jean Baardsen said...

Congratulations! That's really great news! I also love the little birdie - she's adorable.

Deanna said...

Congratulations! I must say I'm not at all surprised. And as far as the list goes... it can never get too long.

Brian Miller said...

woohoo congratulations that is awesome...al...haha

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

Congratulations Miss Vicki!..

JJRod'z

Wayfarin' Stranger said...

Thanks, Vicki. I needed that! Just the already-bought books on my to-read list fill a whole shelf on a bookcase, never mind the ones only scribbled on a piece of paper! OBTW, congrats on making the SIBA list! Jim

jennyfreckles said...

Brilliant - congratulations to you and all your friends.

Darla said...

Congratulations, Vicki -- wonderful!

Christine said...

What wonderful news Vicki! So happy to hear this.

Thérèse said...

That's great news!
For the list: very much true!

Brenda said...

Congratulations! What great news!