I was in the garden when I saw a puzzling something zig-zag past. When the something landed, I saw that it was a dragonfly that had captured a butterfly . . . and was proceeding to eat it.
I have a fondness for dragonflies -- they eat mosquitoes, you know -- but I'd never, ever seen one nab a butterfly.
I have a fondness for dragonflies -- they eat mosquitoes, you know -- but I'd never, ever seen one nab a butterfly.
He (or she) stayed put as I got closer and closer . . .
It was fascinating; two beautiful insects-- the dragon fly, a sinister high-tech helicopter, the butterfly, a hapless damsel. .
Exquisite colors and patterns caught up in a macabre dance of death.
7 comments:
Oh no! Not butterflies. Mosquitoes.
This is natural, I know, but it's terribly sad to see.
Wow, what photos to capture the event. Love the dragonfly's green eyes! She saw you too probably!
Oh gosh. That's quite sad. Stick to mosquitoes, you dragonfly!
I meant also to say: I'm glad you got both those books to read. I hope you enjoy them. I've bought the Lady Anne novel too, but it's had to go on my 'to read' pile as I'm deep into 'The Hare with Amber Eyes' by Edmund de Waal at present.
The Lady Anne novel was interesting for the history. Love The Hare with Amber Eyes! I'd read other E. Nesbit books but somehow missed The Railway Children. Now I need to see the dramatization--your clip enticed me.
The Lady Anne novel was interesting for the history. Love The Hare with Amber Eyes! I'd read other E. Nesbit books but somehow missed The Railway Children. Now I need to see the dramatization--your clip enticed me.
Post a Comment